My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Keeping it real.

While I was in the US I would keep in touch with my 'Britishness' and get my regular dose of the accent by listening to BBC Radio 4 over the internet. If you want to get an idea of my sense of humour check out Just a minute. I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is also a favourite but it's off air right now. More than once I listened to a programme that was made to pay tribute to Linda Smith, a wonderful comic who died earlier this year. She was incredibly witty and came across as such a likeable warm person. Even if you've never heard of her I recommend you log onto the bbc radio 4 website and have a listen, it's called 'Linda Smith - A Modern Radio Star' and can be found on the bbc radio 4 website under comedy and quizzes. It's a very sensitively done show and you get plenty of chances to hear her fabulous observational comedy. Highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?