My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The time had come.

Well, to round it all off:
We drove back to San Francisco on friday after a walk along the coast. I finished packing and then we went over the road to Jardiniere, Shana's old work place and my 'local', for champagne and caviar. It was an extremely classy way to end my trip and meant I had the chance to say goodbye to a lot of friends. I managed to knock out the classy element by getting rather drunk and berating Shana for not allowing me to " say goodbye to the cable cars ....... say goodbye to Union Square" !!! Beyond that there's not a huge amount to say, you can probably guess the rest. Saying goodbye was heartbreaking. Not only had I been able to spend 11 weeks with the love of my life, but I had managed to develop my own life in a remarkably short period of time. I had a job to go to and friends to hang out with, 'local' bars and cafes where I was known and made to feel welcome. I had developed my own little routines and made a home for myself. This time I had even more to say goodbye to and that was incredibly difficult. The summer had gone far too quickly and I still can't believe it's over and I'm back in England. When I first arrived in June it felt like the summer would never end and we would never have to say goodbye again, we've already had too many. But all good things must come to end, or at least that's how the 'saying' goes. Personally I don't believe that of all things but in this case it was certainly true. The best summer of my life, in an amazing city, with the best and most amazing person in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?